Glass block shower is a material used to create a natural lighting system from the sunlight so that the natural lights can get into a bathroom. So, even though the bathroom does not have any lamps, the room will not be dark and still look bright. Just like you can guess from the name, glass blocks are made from glass materials. Actually, glass blocks cannot only be used in a bathroom but also any other rooms, such as a family room, living room, and other rooms that need more natural lighting system.
Glass Block Shower
Glass Block Shower Designs
The main characteristic of the glass block shower is even though its appearance is clear, glass blocks are not transparent. So that when it is installed, the inside of the room will not be looked from the outside. So, glass blocks are very suitable for those who want a naturally bright room yet their privacy is still kept well. Different from common glass windows, glass blocks are thicker and in the form of small blocks. You will need sills, frames, and other elements to install a glass window. However, you only need adhesive to install glass blocks.
Glass Block Shower Diy
The Advantages of Using Glass Block Shower
There are a lot of benefits that you can get if you decide to use glass block shower. Here they are.
- The process and installation system of glass blocks are quite easy. It is not really different from installing brick walls. And the installation process can be performed along with the making process of the walls.
- Because the main function of glass blocks is giving natural lighting, the using glass blocks will automatically make you use less electrical energy. This will help you to save more money because you have to pay just less electricity bill every month. For you who really care about Earth, environment, and global warming, you can switch to use glass blocks at your house.
- Because glass blocks are thick, they are not easily broken or cracked. Glass blocks are not that fragile. On the other hand, a glass window is mostly thin so that it is easy to broke. Moreover, glass blocks are vertically installed so that the risk of getting broken is smaller.
- Glass block shower is also able to be used as media to beautify the appearance of your bathroom. Both for the interior design or exterior design. Moreover, there are a lot of glass blocks which are decorated with attractive colors and patterns. So that if you are able to choose and apply the most suitable one with the design of your bathroom, the appearance of your bathroom will look more decorative and more stylish.
- The Tetris design of glass blocks will instantly make your bathroom looks more unique.
Simple Glass Block Shower
The Treatment for Glass Block Shower
Just like a common glass window, glass block shower also needs treatment. Even though it looks clean, but dust and dirt easily stick to glass blocks. Especially if you apply the Tetris design, the dust and dirt will be clearly seen. Taking care and treating glass blocks are easy to do. If there are dirty parts in the glass blocks, you just have to clean it easily with a wet cloth. In order to keep it bright, you must do a complete cleansing method. You will need a wet cloth, liquid soap, brush, and abrasive cleaner that you can buy in a chemical shop.
Glass Block Shower Ikea
You are also able to use a cleansing tool named squeegee. Squeegee looks like a brush but its edge is made from rubber materials. This tool is able to be used to remove water and other liquid from the surface of the glass blocks. You are able to buy this squeegee in a supermarket. But many traditional markets already sell this tool nowadays. So that you will not find it hard to but this cleansing tool.
Glass Block Shower Decor
How to Install Glass Block Shower
- Draw the part of the wall you want to hole. Add about 5 cm around it. Check the alignment of the top point and the lowest point.
- Punch the wall with chisel and hammer according to the line drawn.
- Clean the inside of the wall where a glass block will be installed from the debris. Wipe with a damp cloth if it is necessary.
- Mix instant adhesive cement with water to form a paste in a bucket with the comparison between the instant adhesive cement and water 3:1
- Leave the mixture for 5 minutes and stir again. Apply the mixture on 2 sides which will be installed glass blocks.
- While the mixture is still wet, install the glass block on top. Press and hold until the glass block is perfectly attached.
- Apply the mixture on the side of the glass block which will be attached with other glass blocks. Do this step repeatedly until all of the glass blocks are installed.
- Fill the remaining holes in the wall with adhesive cement. Immediately clean the adhesive attached to the glass block.
- Wait up to 24 hours for the application of paint to the patched wall.
Curved Glass Block Shower
Glass block is widely used to beautify the aesthetic appearance of the house, the beautiful colors of glass block give a very beautiful effect to the room at your house. Glass block shower can be applied to the walls of the room or as a room divider. It can also be used as an alternative for ventilation to allow the natural light to come into the bathroom. Along with the development of the world of interior design, glass blocks turned out to be able to be placed on the floor by giving lights under it to provide beautiful lighting.
Glass Block Shower With Door
Applying glass blocks will bring a different and unique look to your bathroom. Bring a uniqueness to your bathroom as well as saving the electricity cost. So, after knowing the advantages and hoo easy to take care of glass blocks, are you interested to have this decorative element in your house?